Thursday, April 20, 2017

Where I am working now.

Currently I am the Executive Producer of a weekly one-hour current affairs program, the Community Newsroom, at Bay FM, Byron Bay, which broadcasts on Fridays between 11 AM and 12 noon of which I was one of its founders and reporters on commencement in 2016. You will find all of our podcasts, each with the name of that journalist's stories, at: https://soundcloud.com/bayfm 
It's a lot of fun working with this group. I write, produce and broadcast my pieces live to air  and broadcast a critical weekly round up of things happening across Australia, but mainly in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, called the Byron Buzz.
I also mentor new trainee journalists. It's interesting because some of these 'amateur' journalists are better than majority of students I have taught at three Australian universities. And with new developments in software and technology I can do all of my stories from home and then just go into the station on a Friday to put them to air.
I also still write the odd story for our excellent local newspaper, the Byron Echo and Fairfax' newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment